literarylover

Yes, it's a blog about reading.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Harry Potter VI

I was holding off reading the latest HP, but finally sat down with it last week. It was a lot of fun at first, and seemed much lighter than the dark and angst-ridden "Order of the Phoenix". The sorting out of the teen boy-girl issues was handled well. The escalation of violence up to the horrific ending was consequently even more shocking.

I remember when I first read "The Sorcerer's Stone" after hearing how great it was. I was disappointed in the writing, especially since I had just finished reading J.R.R. Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings" out loud to B. The difference in style and language was jarring to say the least. However, I soon became caught up in the characters, the clever plotting and the consistently interesting juxtaposition of magic and muggle worlds. The books only get more interesting and with the seventh and final book now in sight, the pace is intensifying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home