literarylover

Yes, it's a blog about reading.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Buried in books

Besides being behind on The New Yorker, I'm in the middle of reading four books and not making much headway with any of them. The first is a great novel called Shantaram. I put in on the back burner because, although it's a thick book, I'm enjoying it so much I don't want it to end. The other three are nonfiction: Darwin's Dangerous Idea, by Daniel Dennett, The End of Faith, by Mark Harris and Why Gender Matters by Leonard Sax. I also picked up The Best Science Writing of 2005 when I was at the library last.

Dennet's book is great and I like his writing, but it's getting more difficult as I get further into it. He does try to make it easier by including at the end of each chapter a brief synopsis of what the chapter was about as well as a preview of the next chapter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home