literarylover

Yes, it's a blog about reading.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Books Read 2005


Books Read 2005
January:
The Namesake, Jhumpa Lahiri
Master & Commander, Patrick O’Brian
Post Captain, Patrick O’Brian
February:
March:
The Sunday Philosophy Club, Smith
The Kalahari Typing School for Men, Smith (audio)
April:
The Big House, George Howe Colt
Little Dorrit, Charles Dickens
May:
The Vicar of Wakefield, Oliver Goldsmith
The Kiterunner, Khaled Hosseini
A Late Education, Alan Moorehead
Siddhartha, Herman Hesse
What’s the Matter with Kansas, Thomas Frank

June:
After the Plague, T. C. Boyle
The Clothes They Stood Up In, Alan Bennett
The Lady in the Van, Alan Bennett
The Art of Deception, Ridley Pearson
The Track of the Cat, Nevada Barr
A Superior Death, Nevada Barr
Ill Wind, Nevada Barr
July:
Endangered Species, Nevada Barr
Blind Descent, Nevada Barr
Liberty Falling, Nevada Barr
Deep South, Nevada Barr
September:
Love Creeps, Amanda Fillipacci
October:
Flashback
High Country, Nevada Barr
November:
Closers, Michael Connolly
The Lincoln Lawyer, Michael Connolly
December:
My Name is Asher Lev, Chaim Potok
Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince, J.K.Rowling
The Polysyllabic Spree, Nick Hornby

January seems like a good month for making lists and summing up the past year. So this is all I have to show for my year. I was hesitant to post this list since it shows what a lot of 'non-serious' reading I do (as my summer obsession with Nevada Barr shows), but well, it is what I do.

I realized I never posted on the Nick Hornby book. That was a last minute gift for someone else; someone who might be reading this blog and who I haven't seen to give the gift to. As soon as the deed is done, I'll post about the book.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,
    I found your blog via google by accident and have to admit that youve a really interesting blog :-)
    Just saved your feed in my reader, have a nice day :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home